On Wednesday, August 31, 2022, Liam Burke, Jacqueline Kaufman, Timothy Klimpl, Benjamin Pomerantz and Lindsay Reed will discuss marijuana business law in Connecticut for the National Business Institute.
About the Program
The legalization of marijuana has created business opportunities, but it has also created many questions and uncertainties for professionals advising businesses due to the position of the federal government. What are possible federal responses to legalized cannabis? What types of businesses does state law allow, and how does a potential business owner obtain a permit? When are you potentially violating federal law by merely assisting a client? Learn the answers to these questions and more – register today!
- Understand how the federal government can use forfeiture laws to close marijuana-related businesses.
- Evaluate the current banking landscape and determine whether a cannabusiness can obtain financing.
- Ensure marijuana business clients have business policies and procedures in place that help them avoid legal scrutiny.
- Confidently advise clients on all aspects of the marijuana business licensing process.
- Gain practical legal tips on cannabis product packaging, labeling, and testing.
- Recognize the state and federal tax implications for cannabis-related businesses.
- Analyze the ethical implications of advising cannabis business clients.
Content Covered by Carmody Attorneys:
Marijuana Businesses Law in Connecticut
Benjamin Pomerantz, Jacqueline Kaufman
- Powers of State Regulatory Agencies
- Business Types Allowed
- Marketing Restrictions
- Zoning Requirements
- Employment Rules and Restrictions for Cannabis Businesses
- Legal Best Practices for Marijuana Product Packaging and Testing
Connecticut Marijuana Taxation: The Latest Rules
Timothy S. Klimpl
- State and Local Taxation Protocols for Marijuana Businesses
- Federal Tax Issues
- IRC §280E – Deduction of Business Expense
- Cash Payments
- Other Emerging Issues
- Business Strategies to Overcome Taxation Difficulties
- Current Tax Updates
Lindsay Reed, Liam Burke
- Marijuana and Rules of Professional Conduct
- Duty to Pursue Justice
- Attorney Use of Cannabis Products
- Attorney Ownership of Cannabis Businesses
Click here to register.