- News & Media
Tim is a seasoned attorney with experience providing ERISA advice and related services to a variety of plan sponsors and employee benefit plans, including corporate, nonprofit, multiemployer and governmental plans providing retirement, health, disability, dental and other welfare benefits. In the field of executive compensation, Tim assists employers, employees and parties in M&A transactions with equity and incentive compensation, including stock options, restricted stock and “phantom equity”; deferred compensation plans; and executive employment and severance agreements. Among other industries, Tim has represented clients in the financial, construction, clean energy, automation, medical, fashion, talent acquisition, real estate and legal industries.
Tim chairs the Fairfield County Bar Association Employment Law Committee, and co-chairs the Business Law Committee.
- Advised and assisted 401(k) plan trustees in connection with plan terminations;
- Reviewed and advised corporate clients and executive employees on proposed domestic and international M&A transactions with respect to employee benefits and executive compensation matters, including transaction bonuses and “golden parachute” issues;
- Prepared and successfully obtained numerous IRS tax qualification letters and Voluntary Correction Program (VCP) compliance statements for employers’ qualified retirement plans;
- Advised administrators of group health plans on questions and issues relating to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), COBRA, HIPAA and related federal regulation of health plans;
- Represented plan sponsors in numerous U.S. Department of Labor audits/investigations of employee benefit plans for ERISA and ACA compliance;
- Negotiated enhanced severance benefits, including extended medical coverage, for executive and professional employees after termination;
- Pursued and successfully obtained monetary settlement on behalf of employer enforcing non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
- Carmody represents Carling Technologies on its $315 million sale to Littelfuse Inc.
- FAQs on the New COBRA Subsidy
- Withholding for Remote Employees Working in Other States (And Other Fun Scenarios)
- American Rescue Plan Act: Key Employment Aspects for CBIA
- Timothy S. Klimpl quoted in SHRM reporting on COBRA subsidy in American Rescue Plan Act
- Timothy S. Klimpl Selected as a 2020 New York Metro Rising Star
- Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP Welcomes Timothy S. Klimpl As Counsel
- Important New Requirements for 401k Plans—Is Your Plan Compliant?
- Health Plan Reimbursement of Over-the-Counter COVID-19 Tests
- Prepare for the 2022 ACA Reporting Deadlines
- Increase in Plan Limits for 2022
- Vaccine Incentives and Surcharges in Health Plans: The HIPAA Police Weigh In
- Playing Away from the Fringes: Understanding Indirect Employee Compensation
- Incentives for COVID-19 Vaccines and Extra Time for FSAs
- Beware the Ides— March 15 Deadline Approaches for Payment of Short-Term Deferred Compensation
- COVID-19 Vaccines Go to Work
- Substantial Relief Provided to Employees with Unused Health Flexible Spending Accounts or Dependent Care Accounts Benefits under Recent Stimulus Bill
- Employee Benefits Cost-of-Living Adjustments for 2021
- Remote or Not, Electronic Delivery of Retirement Plan Documents is Now Easier Than Ever
- Best Practices in Onboarding New Employees
- Nuts and Bolts of Business Law, A Series Part 1: Formation Matters
- Employer-Sponsored Health Plan Federal Regulation: ACA, COBRA, ADA, GINA, CAA, MHPAEA, Reporting Requirements
- CBIA Employment Law Conference
- 2021 Annual Labor & Employment Seminar
- New Laws Impacting Connecticut Employers – What You Need To Know
- CT Paid Family and Medical Leave Act (PFMLA): A Refresher with Updates for 2022
- The New Employee Benefits Landscape: What’s Changed and What’s Ahead
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs): Dispelling Myths and Emphasizing Certain Truths
- Succession Planning
- Equity and Incentive Compensation
- Mental Health in the Workplace: The Current State of the Law and What’s on the Horizon
- Fundamentals for Business Succession Planning
- Business Succession Planning—Never a Better Time
- New DOL Electronic Disclosure Rules for ERISA-Covered Retirement Plans: Critical Next Steps and Legal Ramifications
- CARES Act: Employee Benefits Provisions, DOL Guidance, Relief for Sponsors of Certain Plans and Pensions
- COVID-19 Impact on Law Firms, Employees and Small Businesses: Where Do We Stand Now??
- Fairfield County Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association