- News & Media
Liam practices in the areas of complex civil and commercial litigation in Connecticut’s state and federal courts. Liam has experience in a wide range of areas including securities litigation, complex commercial contract litigation, products liability litigation, construction litigation, business torts, restrictive covenants, unfair competition claims, intellectual property litigation, tax appeals, commercial foreclosures, class actions and white-collar criminal defense. Liam has experience representing lawyers in grievance defense, ethics and professional responsibility matters. Liam routinely serves as local counsel for out-of-state attorneys on matters pending in Connecticut.
Liam also has experience in securities fraud matters brought under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 as well as claims under various states’ blue sky laws. Liam has been involved in complex disputes related to information technology, banking, and failed securitization deals. In his criminal practice, Liam has represented individuals in state and federal courts including representing subjects and witnesses brought before the grand jury and in proffers to prosecutors in the United States Attorney’s Office. He has represented clients in criminal matters involving expense reimbursement fraud, tax fraud, wire fraud, mail fraud, and bank fraud.
- Selected for inclusion in Connecticut Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars in the area of Securities Litigation, 2010-2011, 2013-2019
- 41 Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP Attorneys Selected to the 2019 Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars in Connecticut Lists
- Liam S. Burke Joins The Tiny Miracles Foundation Board of Directors
- 41 Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP Attorneys Selected to the 2018 Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars in Connecticut Lists
- Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP Elects Deborah R. Brancato, Liam S. Burke and Todd R. Michaelis as Partners of the Firm
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Fairfield County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, The Tiny Miracles Foundation
- Volunteer Preemie Father Mentor, The Tiny Miracles Foundation
- Board of Directors, Michigan State University College of Law Alumni Association
- Volunteer (pro bono) Lawyers for Children America
- Ambassador Family: 2016 March of Dimes Fairfield County Real Estate Awards