As one of Connecticut’s leading law firms for more than 100 years, we have built our reputation on a commitment to excellence, highly personalized, cost-effective client service and outstanding results. Our commitment to client service is recognized not only by clients, but also by some of the world’s leading legal directories and research organizations including Chambers USA, U.S. News – Best Lawyers® and BTI Consulting’s Client Service A-Team Report. In addition, Carmody is recognized by the Hearst Connecticut Media Group as a 2021 Top Connecticut Workplace.
Carmody’s professional staff members contribute essential support and services throughout the firm. We have an experienced team of paralegals and legal assistants that deliver on our commitment to client service every day. The firm’s administrative and business team comprises Business Development and Marketing, Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, and Information Technology.
“I have absolutely loved working for Carmody…I have been treated wonderfully by management and have always been made to feel like part of the team.”
Xinia Vasquez, Legal Assistant
We welcome staff members who are motivated to work as part of a team and are committed to delivering exemplary service.
Carmody recognizes that our differences make us a stronger team. We nurture a collegial and inclusive culture valuing all who contribute to the success of the firm. Visit our Inclusion page for more on our diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.
We also support our team of professional staff through a robust compensation and benefits package, including extensive vacation, sick and personal leave, paid parental leave, long-term and short-term disability benefits, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, and a profit-sharing plan with employer contribution.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to efficiently manage multiple assignments, calendars and scheduling
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills
- The ability to work independently
- Must possess strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to support multiple lawyers as primary assignments and also provide back-up assistance to others as assigned
- At least 3 years’ legal administrative assistant experience
- Working knowledge of LMS+ timekeeping software
- Working knowledge of Worldox or other document management system
- Coordinating the planning and implementation of BD and Marketing strategies. Working with partners to develop strategies to achieve their goals.
- Develop an understanding of the firm’s business across practice areas and industry groups.
- Developing compelling and dynamic marketing content including working with lawyers to develop key messages. Drafting and editing marketing collateral.
- Drafting RFP responses, presentations and proposals.
- Tracking market and industry research and data and disseminating to lawyers as appropriate; including developing strategies and ideas for practices to respond to research.
- Coordinating with lawyers, researching and tracking to identify new business opportunities.
- Identifying and executing profile raising opportunities.
- Coordinate responses to surveys, liaising with firm management to gather data, ensuring response is accurate and reflects firm’s key messages.
- Plan and implement client seminars, webinars and conferences. Includes developing presentation materials and other collateral.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in a marketing role at a professional services or financial services firm, or with a business/trade organization is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills are essential.
- This role demands a lot of multitasking, flexibility and sometimes short deadlines. Candidate should be able to demonstrate examples of being highly organized, detail-oriented, responsive and proactive.
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office products in particular Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and content management systems, social media applications and contact management databases (e.g. Constant Contact). Knowledge and experience of design software (e.g. Canva), WordPress is desirable.
- Good market awareness and knowledge of business in Connecticut is highly desirable.
- Some travel to firm’s office across Connecticut is required.