- News, Alerts & Publications
Benjamin Pomerantz is Counsel at Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey working with the firm’s litigation group. Since 2008, Attorney Pomerantz has represented both individuals and institutions, in catastrophic personal injury, negligence, and medical malpractice cases. He has litigated several cases to jury verdict in both State and Federal Court. In addition to personal injury and malpractice cases, Attorney Pomerantz represents workers who have been injured on the job in all workers compensation districts in the State of Connecticut.
- $1,600,000 Jury Verdict in Connecticut Federal Court in burn case.
- Obtained Workers’ Compensation Benefits for family of deceased Police Officer after the death claim was contested for half a decade.
- Reversed the Social Security Administration’s denial of SSDI benefits for several Workers’ Compensation clients.
- Represented clients with Traumatic Brain Injuries caused by vehicle crashes, pedestrian accidents, slip and falls, sporting and spectator accidents, and public school gym accidents.
- Represented and successfully defended healthcare facilities and individual practitioners throughout New York and Connecticut against malpractice, negligence, and premises liability claims.
- Provided national representation for chemical and brake manufacturing companies in asbestos exposure lawsuits
- Obtained favorable Workers’ compensations decisions for workers with severe cardiac, lung, spine and brain injuries.
Prior to joining Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey, Attorney Pomerantz worked as a litigation and trial attorney at prominent litigation firms in both Connecticut and New York representing injured individuals and victims of negligence, as well as a wide variety of health care providers and professionals, including physicians, hospitals, and other medical facilities and institutions.
- Recognized for obtaining one of the “Top 50 Verdicts in Connecticut in 2016” (Thirteenth Largest Verdict)
- Selected as Super Lawyers Rising Star for 2016 in Civil Litigation
- Selected as a “Top Attorney in Fairfield County” by Greenwich Magazine, 2016
- Nationally Ranked “Top 10 Under 40” by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Fairfield County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- President of the Stamford Youth Foundation
- Membership Committee of Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association