- News & Media
Benjamin Pomerantz is a Partner at Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey working with the firm’s litigation and cannabis practice groups. Attorney Pomerantz has a wealth of knowledge and practical experience regarding the state and national cannabis, hemp, and CBD industries and regulations. and is a managing / key member of the firms’ cannabis industry practice group. In addition, for over a decade, Ben has represented and defended individuals and institutions in catastrophic personal injury, negligence, and medical malpractice cases. Ben has settled or tried hundreds of civil litigation cases, including claims involving severe bodily injuries, wrongful death, trucking and automobile collisions, motorcycle and bicycling crashes, defective premises, defective products, and municipal and school place negligence. Ben also represents clients in cases involving construction and architectural related damages, construction liens, collections matters, environmental claims, employment cases, and landlord / tenant issues. Ben also has extensive experience representing injured workers and employers in Connecticut workers’ compensation cases.
Ben has taken over a dozen cases to jury verdict in both State and Federal Court, and has obtained favorable final administrative relief for his workers’ compensation and cannabis industry clients.
- Cannabis Law
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Workers’ Compensation Claims Medical Malpractice Litigation
- Products Liability
- Premises Liability
- Municipal Liability
- Wrongful Death Cases
- Auto, Car, and Motorcycle Collisions/ Injuries
- Uninsured Motorsit Claims
- Bicyclist Crashes/Injuries
- Defective Highway Claims
- Dog Bite and Dog Knock Down Injuries
- Sports & Spectator Injuries
- Nursing Home and Long Term Care Abuse and Neglect
- Insurane Coverage Claims
- Bad Faith Insurance Litigation
- Construction Claims
- Environmental Damage Claims
- Social Security Disability Claims
- Represent and advise a diverse portfolio of Cannabis, Hemp, and CBD clients, including several multi-state operators.
- Obtained a $1,600,000 Jury Verdict in Connecticut Federal Court in a work-related burn case.
- Obtained Workers’ Compensation Benefits for family of deceased Police Officer after the death claim was contested for half a decade.
- Reversed the Social Security Administration’s denial of SSDI benefits for several Workers’ Compensation clients.
- Represented clients with Traumatic Brain Injuries caused by vehicle crashes, pedestrian accidents, slip and falls, sporting and spectator accidents, and public-school gym accidents.
- Obtained favorable Workers’ compensations decisions and sizable settlements for workers with severe cardiac, lung, spine and brain and other bodily injuries.
Prior to joining Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey, Attorney Pomerantz worked as a litigation and trial attorney at prominent litigation firms in both Connecticut and New York representing injured individuals and victims of negligence, as well as a wide variety of health care providers and professionals, including physicians, hospitals, and other medical facilities and institutions.
- Selected as Super Lawyers Rising Star for 2016-2018 in Civil Litigation (in Connecticut and New York states)
- Recognized for obtaining one of the “Top 50 Verdicts in Connecticut in 2016” (Thirteenth Largest Verdict)
- Selected as a “Top Attorney in Fairfield County” by Greenwich Magazine, 2016
- Nationally Ranked “Top 10 Under 40” by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys
- Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey Elects Damian Gunningsmith and Benjamin Pomerantz to the Partnership
- CBD & Hemp – International Laws and Domestic Regulatory Quirks
- The HEMP and CBD Industries in Connecticut
- Hot Topics in Workers’ Compensation Law
- Primer on Mandatory Arbitration Pursuant to 52-549U
- Valuing your Case for Settlement: A Point/Counterpoint Presentation from the Claimant's and Respondent's Point of View
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Fairfield County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Mackrell International
- Served on the Board of Directors of the Stamford Youth Foundation for 12+ years.
- Sits on Board of Directors of 4Stamfrd, Inc., a local non-profit organization
- Chairman of Fairfield County Bar Association’s Cannabis Law Section.
- Past Chairman of Fairfield County Bar Association’s Workers Compensation Section
- Member of Temple Beth El in Stamford.