Howard advises a wide range of clients involved in commercial and employment disputes. He practices in the areas of labor, employment, creditors rights focused on workouts and foreclosures, environmental, construction and general commercial litigation. He has tried cases in Connecticut state and Federal Courts, as well as multiple Federal Courts around the country and has argued appeals at the Connecticut Appellate and Supreme Courts and the Second Circuit of Appeals. Howard represents Fortune 500 companies, banks and other financial institutions, governmental entities and major municipalities, as well as smaller to midsize clients in all aspects of dispute resolution from mediation to arbitration, trial and appeal.
Through his background in business and his pragmatic approach, Howard can focus on finding the best possible solution for his client’s business.
Howard is a past President of the New Haven County Bar Association and currently serves on its Executive Committee.
- FINRA Arbitrations
- Aircraft Replevins
- RMBS Cases
- IRS Assessment Challenges
- Union Organization Drives representing management
- NLRB trials
- Executive Commission/Bonus Litigation
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, in the area of Commercial Litigation, 2023
- Selected as a Labor & Employment Star in Benchmark Litigation, 2022
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Member Standing Committee on Recommendation for Admission to the Bar, New Haven County, Connecticut, 2006-present
- New Haven County Bar Association, Executive Committee, 2004-present
- New Haven County Bar Association, Court Relations Committee, Chairman, 2006-present
- New Haven County Bar Association, President, 2014-2015