- News & Media
Thomas Candrick is a partner and represents clients in the areas of corporate and commercial law. In recent years, his practice has involved the structuring, acquisition, financing, growth and sale of business entities and counseling clients on a wide variety of business related legal issues including corporate, governance, joint ventures, national and international product distribution issues and disputes among business owners. Banking clients have retained Tom in connection with documenting, financing and the workout of various types of loans, including senior secured commercial loans, participation in nationally syndicated credit facilities and real estate loans.
- Counsel to a company and its shareholders in financing “add-on” acquisitions and subsequent sale of a commercial and consumer products company to a private equity fund for purchase price in excess of $100,000,000
- Represented a publicly held utility in numerous cogeneration and clean energy projects
- Counsel to senior secured lender providing $30,000,000 in financing to private equity group to acquire and expand a golf wear business
- Counsel to foreign owned company in the tax free spin-out under Section 355 of Internal Revenue Code, of an operating business in exchange for the equity interest of a minority share
- Selected for inclusion in Connecticut Super Lawyers® in the area of Business & Corporate Law, 2008- 2011
- Beta Gamma Sigma, 1975
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Executive Committee of the Connecticut Bar Association Business Law Section
- New Haven Bar Association
- Board Member and Treasurer, Fair Haven Community Health Center
- New Haven Regional Leadership Council, Inc.
- Turnaround Management Association, Inc.
- Junior Achievement
- Board President, International Association of New Haven
- Smaller Manufacturers of Connecticut, Inc.
- Association for Corporate Growth