Carmody’s Banking & Finance lawyers have extensive experience representing institutional lenders, investors, and borrowers in financial transactions of all different kinds and sizes. Whether your financing transaction is conventional or more sophisticated, we provide comprehensive legal services and strategic counsel to help clients navigate financing transactions and get them closed.
Carmody lawyers are regularly called on to serve as local or special counsel and handle Connecticut aspects of financing transactions, while serving as a resource on state laws, regulations, and procedures.
Banks and Financial Institutions
Our Banking & Finance team routinely represents state and federally-chartered banks and other financial institutions across an evolving spectrum of financing and industry-specific matters, including:
- Governance: We provide counsel to bank Boards, Board committees, and senior executives concerning governance and state and federal regulatory issues.
- Operations and Human Resources: We handle a range of operational and employment matters for banks and financial institutions, including those relating to bank real estate, employment and separation agreements, training seminars, and general human resources advice and counseling.
- Wealth Management: We work with our clients to better understand fiduciary obligations and tax issues in administering trusts and estates, including charitable trusts, and regularly handle financing to high-net-worth individuals secured by fine art, collectibles, and other non-traditional collateral.
Commercial and Real Estate Lending: Complex Matters and Issues
Carmody lawyers have a long history of representing lenders and borrowers across industries and across a broad spectrum of project, commercial and real estate financing transactions including:
- Construction and permanent mortgage loans
- Secured and unsecured term loans and lines of credit
- Mortgage warehousing credit facilities
- Affordable Housing
- Brownfield financing
- Condominium & Cooperative association financing
- Real Estate Finance projects involving leasehold and air rights condominiums of multifamily and commercial properties to condominiums
- Full-follow asset-based loans
- Loan participations
- Intercreditor agreements
- CHEFA and state municipal bond financings
- Workouts and Restructurings