- News & Media
Gary S. Klein, a life-long Stamford resident, has extensive trial experience in complex commercial and environmental litigation. Gary has tried many cases to verdict in federal and state court involving all kinds of complex business disputes and environmental claims, including cases involving real estate and business valuation, lender liability, business torts, and covenants not to compete. Gary also has significant experience in complicated ADR proceedings including multi-party and international business arbitrations in the commercial, financial, and securities fields.
- Regularly represents parties in employment contract cases including covenants not to compete.
- Successfully defended client’s title to multi-million dollar Andy Warhol work after lengthy trial and appeal.
- Successfully represented senior executive in 20-day arbitration arising out of a change in control agreement resulting in full payment to our client.
- Represented a hedge fund in multimillion dollar fraud claim against international bank and obtained remedy in excess of $30 Million.
- Represented placement agents in complicated fee dispute claims against hedge funds and private equity funds disputing fees and obtained full award and punitive attorney’s fees award.
- Regularly represents commercial property owners in complicated property tax appeals and valuation cases.
- Represented parties in complicated will contest case in probate court and superior court.
- Represented property owners in significant environmental claim involving contamination and stigma damages.
- Represented developer against private lender in fraud and predatory lending claim and obtained decision in which the Court required the lender to pay damages to the borrower in excess of the debt.
- Represented purchaser of millions of dollars of industrial batteries in claims against seller for violation of specifications.
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell © Peer Review Ratings
- Included on the American Arbitration Association’s National Roster of Arbitrators and Mediators
- Selected for inclusion in New England and Connecticut Super Lawyers in the area of Business Litigation, 2008-2018
- Articles and Comments Editor of the University of Miami Law Review and a Moot Court instructor
- Selected for inclusion in The 2019 Best Lawyers in America in the areas of Real Estate Law and Commercial Litigation
- 41 Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP Attorneys Selected to the 2018 Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars in Connecticut Lists
- 33 Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP Attorneys Selected to the 2018 New England Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Lists
- Second Circuit Judiciary Council Committee on Civic Education, Member, 2016
- American Arbitration Association Panel of Arbitrators, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Federal Practice Section, Chair, 2010-2012
- Connecticut Bar Association, Committee on the Federal Judiciary, 2012-present
- Connecticut Bar Association, House of Delegates, 2004-2007
- Federal Bar Council
- Financial Institutions Regulatory Authority, Arbitrator
- Special Master, United States District Court, District of Connecticut
- Special Master and Attorney Trial Referee, Connecticut Superior Court
- Adjunct Professor, Law and the Environment, Fairfield University (1999-2000)
- City of Stamford Environmental Protection Board.
- City of Stamford Board of Education, Chair, Policy Committee
- Stamford Public Education Foundation
- Stamford Partnership, Executive Committee and Chair of Presidential Search Committee
- Hearing Officer, Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities
- High School Mock Trial, Judge and Coach
Events & Speaking Engagements
Pro Bono Trials: Tips & Pointers from the Bench & Bar - Second Edition
8:00am United States District Court for the District of Connecticut
CBA Environmental Section’s 2nd Annual “Evening of Connecticut Environmental Leadership”
6:00pm Yale Peabody Museum