Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
Carmody’s personal injury lawyers can help if you or a loved one has suffered a brain or spinal cord injury as a result of an accident. If a negligent person or business has caused your injury, we can pursue the full and fair compensation you need for necessary medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other damages allowed by law.
Our team of experienced trial lawyers investigate the nature and cause of your injury, prepare thoroughly for the possibility of trial and negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. We obtain medical experts and work with them to deal with the cause and nature of your injuries. If the insurance company is unwilling to make a fair offer of settlement, we are prepared to argue passionately on your behalf at trial.Close
Carmody’s personal injury practice focuses on serious injury claims. We have extensive experience in cases involving serious and catastrophic injuries, and can help if you have suffered a serious injury, including:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Paralysis/spinal cord injury
- Loss of limb
- Loss of vision or hearing
- Severe scarring or disfigurement
- Severe back or neck injury
- Injuries that necessitate surgery (shoulder, knee, back, vertebrae)
Our firm has the experience and resources to handle complex personal injury claims, including auto accident, slip and fall and other negligence-based claims. We also handle product liability (defective or dangerous products) and medical malpractice claims. If you have lost a family member as a result of a fatal accident, we can handle your wrongful death claim.
If you have suffered a brain injury, paralysis, or other catastrophic injury as a result of an accident, you need an experienced lawyer that will fight to get the full and fair compensation you require. Catastrophic injuries that cause permanent impairment or serious bodily damage often result in significant medical bills and ongoing care demands. Consequently, the result of your personal injury claim will have a significant impact on your financial security and quality of care.Close
Nursing Home Negligence
Nursing home negligence can be difficult to prove but if you believe your loved one has been the victim of negligent care, Carmody’s personal injury lawyers can help.
Some the injuries that nursing home patients suffer as a result of negligent care include:
- Bed sores (from lack of turning, washing, and care)
- Broken bones and injuries (slip and fall accidents that could have been prevented by care or supervision)
- Death (from falls, medication errors, dehydration, malnutrition, and preventable infection)
If your loved one has been injured as a result of nursing home neglect or abuse, contact our experienced personal injury lawyers.
Nursing homes are not likely to admit neglect and abuse. In fact, they have many ways to hide their own negligence: they may blame their negligence on a patient’s age or medical condition.
Here are a few signs of nursing home negligence:
- Frequent falls: Nursing homes have a duty to monitor their patients. If a patient has a condition that puts them at high risk of a slip and fall accident, the nursing home should have a plan in place to provide added measures of protection.
- Bed sores: When a patient has bedsores, it is typically the result of a failure to move the patient frequently and a failure to adequately wash and bath the patient.
- Unexplained weight loss: A sudden drop in weight that is not explained by a medical condition may be evidence that a patient is malnourished due to improper feeding.
For experienced representation in matters involving accidents or personal injury, contact one of our personal injury lawyers.
DISCLAIMER: This site is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. Please seek legal counsel for advice on any legal matter.