- Negotiation of construction contracts for a merchant U.S. overhead and underground transmission facility (including converter stations) exceeding 100 miles.
- Development and negotiation of construction contracts for multiple utility scale solar projects, including several sited on landfill/brownfield properties.
- Defense of an electric utility from thousands of claims in a class action case arising out of state-wide electrical outages caused by a tropical storm.
- Preparation of the proposal for, and resulting negotiation of, the Tier 4 Purchase and Sale Agreement for the Champlain Hudson Power Express project between Québec, Canada and New York City.
- Full-service support of offshore wind projects located serving New England and New York from the greenfield development phase, into RFP submissions and award of revenue contracts, and through construction contracting and associated procurement.
- Development and negotiation of real estate and procurement/construction agreements to implement the first microgrid in Connecticut.
- Planning and acquisition of temporary and permanent real estate rights required to relocate existing transmission facilities from railroad catenaries onto private and municipal properties in urban settings, including the examination of titles and resolution of complex title issues.
- Analysis of existing rights for major natural gas and electric transmission companies to determine the scope of new rights to be acquired for new transmission projects.
- Formulation of prompt and practical advice for unexpected issues that arise during project planning and construction phases.
- Monitoring and reporting of regulatory proceedings for solar projects to be connected to the electric transmission grid.
- Development of policies and procedures to protect sensitive resources and the enforcement of land and water rights for a major hydroelectric company.
- Representation of electric substation and transmission projects throughout the siting application process, including reviewing draft documents, filing final documents, conducting hearing preparation sessions, leading the project team at hearings, reviewing and commenting on draft decision documents and evaluating final decision documents and potential options.
- Analysis of potential sites for new projects, including the assessment of environmental concerns, regulatory constraints and potential cost and schedule challenges.
- Development of appropriate strategies for state and local permit processes and oversight of the implementation of such strategies.
- Courtesy notifications about projects to agencies that are preempted from jurisdiction due to federal oversight for a leading natural gas transmission company.