Carmody’s Climate Technology group has a long history of working with companies innovating in the areas of climate technology and alternative energy. Our lawyers deliver technical insight, legal acumen and commercial thinking from our technology, energy, intellectual property, venture capital, private equity and land use and real estate disciplines to support wind, solar and biofuel companies, including:
- Initial organizational matters, financing, venture capital and other investments, convertible notes, SAFEs, angel investors, and Series A as well as crowdfunding.
- Protection of intellectual property, including preparation of patent applications related to biofuels, environmentally-friendly hydraulic fluids, water treatment chemicals and processes, and plastics recycling.
- Employee benefits and equity incentive compensation.
- Technology and software agreements, data privacy.
- Succession planning, acquisitions, and liquidation events.
Our Climate Technology lawyers have a deep understanding of the climate tech issues impacting clients including startups and investors to large corporations. Carmody lawyers frequently advise international clients in regard to cross-border matters and the firm has global reach through our membership of Mackrell International, a leading legal network, and our lawyers.
We know the importance of providing practical and cost-effective legal advice, and we take a staged approach to delivering our services within our client’s timeline and with financial arrangements that work for their business.