- News & Media
Marc Kurzman served as co-chair of the firm’s Litigation Practice Group from 2014-2019 and has maintained an active commercial litigation practice for over thirty-five years. Mr. Kurzman has extensive experience litigating complex commercial real estate disputes, typically on behalf of property owners, landlords and developers, including property rights disputes, contested bankruptcy cases, environmental claims, insurance coverage disputes and tax, zoning and condemnation appeals. Mr. Kurzman also has extensive experience litigating a wide variety of contract, business tort and product liability disputes (including asbestos and pharmaceutical product personal claims) in state and federal court and in arbitration fora.
During the period 2005-2008, Mr. Kurzman served as outside general counsel to GAF Materials Corporation (North America’s largest manufacturer of residential and commercial roofing products) and International Specialty Products Inc (a multi-national specialty chemicals company). In addition to supervising all litigation for those two companies, Mr. Kurzman was responsible for advising management on the panoply of legal and regulatory issues confronted by companies of the size and business scope of GAFMC and ISP. Mr. Kurzman continues to serve in a “counsel” role for various business clients.
Mr. Kurzman regularly serves as a volunteer Special Master in the Connecticut Superior Court and was appointed in 2009 to serve on the Judicial Performance Evaluation Committee. Mr. Kurzman has participated as a speaker in a number of bar association programs concerning land use and real estate ligation topics. He is an AV rated attorney and has been listed in Connecticut Super Lawyers® from 2011 – 2020 for Business Litigation.
- SK’s Cosmetic Boutique Inc. v. J.R Silverberg Realty, LLC, 2020 WL 1181366 (S.D.N.Y. 2020)
- In re. United Company Rusal, PLC v. Trifigura A.G., 2011 WL 1045532 (D. Conn 2011).
- Devan Motors of Fairfield, Inc. v. Infiniti Div. of Nissan North America, Inc., 2004 WL 2901460 (D. Conn. 2004)
- International Brands USA, Inc. v. Old St. Andrews Ltd., 349 F. Supp. 2d 256 (D. Conn. 2004)
- Europadisk Holdings, LLC v. Shelton, 2004 WL 613109 (S.D.N.Y. 2004)Gateway Co. v. DiNoia, 232 Conn. 223, 654 A.2d 342 (Conn. 1995)
- Heyman Associates No. 5, LP v. FelCor TRS Guarantor, LP, 153 Conn. App. 387 (Conn. App. 2014)
- Windsor Locks Associates v. Planning and Zoning Commission of Town of Windsor Locks, 90 Conn. App.242, 876 A.2d 614 (Conn. App. 2005)
- In re: G-I Holdings, Inc. f/k/a GAF Corporation et al. Debtors, 2016 WL 4991489 (Bank. D. New Jersey 2016)
- In re. G-I Holdings Inc. f/k/a GAF Corporation, et al, 2016 WL 4991489 (Bankr. D. N.J. 2016)
- In re M&R Apparel, Inc., 92 B.R. 565 (Bankr. D. Conn. 1988)
- Noble v. Northland Investment Corp. 2018 WL 4199225 (Conn Super. 2018)
- Krantz v. City & Field, LLC, 2014 WL 5394918 (Conn. Super. 2014)
- City of Stamford v. First National Joint Venture, 2010 WL 3259971 (Conn. Super. 2010)
- Sample Jury Instructions 2019 WL 4864877 (Product Liability)
- Carmody Attorneys Listed as “Top Lawyers in Fairfield County”
- 33 Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP Attorneys Selected to the 2020 Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars in Connecticut Lists
- 29 Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP Attorneys Selected for Best Lawyers®
- 41 Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP Attorneys Selected to the 2019 Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars in Connecticut Lists
- 15 Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP Attorneys Selected for Best Lawyers®
- 41 Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP Attorneys Selected to the 2018 Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars in Connecticut Lists
- 33 Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP Attorneys Selected to the 2018 New England Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Lists
- Federal Bar Council
- Connecticut Bar Association, Federal Practice Committee
- New York City Bar Association
- Fairfield County Bar Association
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Stamford Emergency Medical Services, Inc.
- Former Member of the Board of Trustees of Temple Sinai of Stamford, Connecticut