- News & Media
Lisa practices primarily in the area of land use law with a focus on representing developers, institutions, property owners and tenants in connection with obtaining municipal and state permits for large scale development projects and real estate transactions. Lisa has assisted as legal counsel for many significant development projects in Stamford and the surrounding Fairfield County communities. She has developed strong relationships in the community that enable her to efficiently navigate her clients through the land use approval process. Lisa’s clients often credit her responsiveness, attention to detail and reliable follow-up in connection with complicated development projects.
- Represented client in land use approvals related to redevelopment of hospital complex with overall projected costs of $450,000,000.
- Represented client in municipal approvals related to adaptive reuse of a former 900,000 square foot manufacturing facility into the Northeast’s largest sports and recreational facility and associated uses including television network sports production facility and medical offices.
- Represented client in municipal approvals for a Recycling Preparation Operation serving thousands of residential and commercial customers in Fairfield County and Westchester County.
- Represented client is municipal approvals related to construction of a mixed-use development including 255 residential apartments with a large affordability component and an approximately 325,000 square foot office building.
- Represented client in municipal approvals related to construction of a mixed-use building with 344 unit residential apartments and approximately 5,000 square feet of commercial flex space.
- Represented client in negotiation of land disposition agreement and parking lease as well as obtaining municipal approvals related to the acquisition and development of urban redevelopment parcels which included 416 residential apartments and approximately 11,000 square feet of restaurant space.
- Represented client in repositioning property including land use and zoning entitlements, property swaps, road discontinuance and municipal and private agreements.
- Represented multiple homeowners in obtaining municipal approvals necessary to effectuate additions and new construction.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, in the area of Land Use and Zoning Law, 2021-2022
- Selected for inclusion as a Rising Star in Connecticut Super Lawyers® in the area of Land Use/Zoning, 2017-2021
- New Leaders in Law, Connecticut Law Tribune, 2021
- Fairfield County “40 Under Forty” Recipient, Class of 2018
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society Connecticut Chapter, MS Corporate Achievers 2013
- Carmody Attorneys Listed as “Top Lawyers in Fairfield County”
- 33 Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP Attorneys Selected to the 2020 Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars in Connecticut Lists
- 29 Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP Attorneys Selected for Best Lawyers®
- 41 Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP Attorneys Selected to the 2019 Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars in Connecticut Lists
- 41 Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP Attorneys Selected to the 2018 Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars in Connecticut Lists
- 33 Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP Attorneys Selected to the 2018 New England Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Lists
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Fairfield County Bar Association
- Cataylst for Connecticut Advisory Board
- Stamford Citizen of the Year Dinner Committee Member
- Women@Carmody Co-Chair
- March of Dimes, Real Estate Breakfast Committee
- Stamford Hospital, Dream Ball Silent Auction Committee
- Former Member of the Mutual Housing Association of Southwestern Connecticut
- Former Member of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society Connecticut Chapter