On Tuesday, November 12th, join Upward’s in-house legal experts start@Carmody, CPAs & Advisory gurus Mahoney Sabol, and Berkshire Bank for a panel discussion on the ins-and-outs of starting and/or scaling your Connecticut brewery.
About the Program
Whether you’re in the ideation phase of opening your dream brewery, or ready to ramp up your existing business’s distribution efforts, this is the perfect session for any CT brewer!
Topics Carmody will cover:
- Entity formation [To LLC, or Not to LLC? What’s the right entity for you?]
- Agreements – business partners, vendors, etc. [Get the right agreements in place to manage the expectations of your business partners and vendors and protect against disruptive conflict.]
- Employment issues [Are they independent contractors, employees, or just friends? And why does it matter?]
- Intellectual property – copyrights, trademarks – what/how to protect [How do I protect my brand? What could possibly go wrong?]
- Trade secrets (intersects with employment and intellectual property) – non-disclosure agreements, non-compete agreements [Protecting brew secrets]
For more information and to register, please click here.