- This event has passed.
The New Employee Benefits Landscape: What’s Changed and What’s Ahead
May 11, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
On May 11, Mark Williams and Tim Klimpl will jointly present with speakers from the actuarial firm Hooker & Holcombe on “The New Employee Benefits Landscape: What’s Changed and What’s Ahead”.
About the Program
Since 2020, employee benefits in the United States has undergone a collective sea change due to, among other things, federal legislation and administrative responses to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please join us for important insights into the most significant developments in employee benefits, jointly presented by Carmody and Hooker & Holcombe.
Topics will include:
Retirement Plan Changes
401(k) and Other Defined Contribution Plans
- Required minimum distributions (RMDs)
- Safe Harbor 401(k) plans
- New Eligibility for long-term, part-time employees
- New distribution for qualified child birth or adoption expenses
- Optional safe harbor for guaranteed income contracts
Defined Benefit Pension Plans
- Extension and enhancement of relief for minimum employer funding
- Potential legislation impacting pension plans
Health and Welfare Plan Changes
- Administration of COBRA Subsidies
- Suspensions of COBRA election and payment deadlines, and HIPAA special enrollments
- Additional time to use health FSA and dependent care assistance accounts
- Extended Tax Credits for Voluntary Paid and Sick Leave Through 9/30/2021
Click here to register