Bill O’Donnell is a partner in Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey’s litigation group, and a member of the firm’s personal injury department. Bill represents individuals who have suffered injury or death as a result of the negligent conduct of others, and his cases typically involve automobile and truck collisions, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, defective premises, defective products and construction accidents. Bill has successfully tried several cases to verdict before the Connecticut Superior Court and United States District Court in the areas of personal injury, product liability, dram shop liability and insurance contracts, and he has also litigated and argued matters before the Connecticut Appellate Court. In addition to advocating on behalf of his own clients, Bill has also been selected by fellow attorneys to serve as an arbitrator in personal injury matters.
Bill also represents employers in the defense of workers’ compensation claims. He has litigated workers’ compensation matters at the informal, pre-formal and formal hearing levels throughout State, and he has argued workers’ compensation appeals before the Compensation Review Board. Bill also has extensive experience in defending workers’ compensation discrimination and wrongful termination claims brought pursuant to Connecticut General Statutes § 31-290a.
Bill provides risk management counseling to hospitals and individual health care professionals in such areas as HIPAA compliance, professional licensing, medical records and issues relating to the treatment of minor patients.
- Waterbury Bar Association
- President (2010-2012)
- Vice President (2008-2010)
- Treasurer (2006-2008)
- Board Member (2005-2012)
- Connecticut Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Co-Chair of Waterbury Bench/Bar Symposium on Professionalism (2011)
- Co-Chair of Waterbury-Litchfield Bench/Bar Symposium on Professionalism (2005)
- Yale Club of Northwestern Connecticut, Board Member (2003-present)
- Yale Alumni Schools Committee, Director (2003-present)
- Boy Scout Troop 52, Troop Committee Member, 2013-present
- Watertown-Oakville Little League, Baseball Coach
- Watertown Association for Youth Soccer, Travel Soccer Coach