- News, Alerts & Publications
Wes practices in Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessy’s Private Client and Business Services groups. Wes’s practice focuses on estate planning with a particular emphasis on tax planning. He represents a broad range of clients from young families who are just starting out to high net worth individuals and families with complex estate, business, and succession planning objectives. Wes also practices with the Business Services Group where he represents closely-held businesses and non-profit organizations in all aspects of their operations, from formation and start-up through growth, ongoing operations, and exit planning.
While in law school, Wes served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Connecticut Law Review. Before law school, Wes worked as a CPA in the Financial Services Group at KPMG LLP in New York. Wes’s background as a CPA gives him the skills necessary to understand the complex tax and financial issues facing his clients.
- University of Connecticut Law School Morris Pomp Tax Award, 2016
- University of Connecticut Law School Foundation Award for Exceptional Achievement & Scholarship, 2016
- Editor-in-Chief, Connecticut Law Review, 2016
- Real Estate and Corporate Law Alert: Capital Gains Tax Deferment Strategy – Qualified Opportunity Funds
- Real Estate and Corporate Law Alert: The Benefits of Investing in Connecticut’s New “Opportunity Zones”
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- New Haven County Bar Association