- News & Media
Patrick Hanna is a partner in the firm’s Real Estate and Business Services practice groups. Patrick has extensive experience representing banks, commercial lenders, developers, landlords, tenants, condominium associations and individuals in commercial real estate transactions, commercial finance, business sales and acquisitions and corporate formations. The firm’s land use and zoning practice informs and enhances Patrick’s transactional practice. Patrick also enjoys representing individuals in the purchase, sale, lease, and refinance of personal homes. Patrick’s background as in-house counsel benefits his practice as local Connecticut counsel for regional and national developers, landlords and business owners on commercial real estate transactions, commercial finance and lending matters. He is admitted to practice in Connecticut and New York and has been recognized multiple times as a “Rising Star” in Super Lawyers® Magazine.
- Represented client as local counsel in $40,000,000 refinance and drop and swap 1031 exchange on New York City development parcels and “air rights” transfers.
- Represented client in a creation of commercial “air rights” condominum for 250 +/- unit apartment complex and retail units.
- Represented client in creation of a commercial “air-rights” condominium for 600,000 +/- square retail mall.
- Acted as local counsel in the financing of a $32,000,000 commercial rehabilitation project
- Represented client in the acquisition, zoning, condominium creation and financing of urban redevelopment parcels which included approximately $75,000,000 of equity and financing
- Represented client in the division and sale of residential waterfront lots totaling $17,500,000 in created value.
- Represented client in $17,450,000 acquisition of a commercial office and warehouse facility previously used as a manufacturing facility
- Represented client in the $17,000,000 sale of a commercial office building and manufacturing facility which was the site of an international company’s manufacturing facilities for North America
- Represented client in a commercial land exchange involving multiple commercial and residential parcels resulting in the creation of affordable housing and an expansion of private hospital facilities
- Represented bank in $15,000,000 refinance and condominium conversion of 410+ unit apartment complex.
- Represented bank in a $10,500,000 credit facility involving a local restaurant group and real property
- Represented client in the acquisition of two commercial office buildings totaling approximately $8,000,000
- Represented client in the $7,800,000 acquisition of a commercial warehouse facility that is now the site of an ice arena and commercial office
- Represented borrower in $5,000,000 credit facility involving multiple restaurants and real property
- Represented client in the lease of a 60,000+/- square foot office building
- Represented client in the lease of approximately 38,000+/- square foot warehouse space
- Represented clients in the acquisition and assemblage of land and multifamily properties for zoning purposes totaling over $40,000,000 in the aggregate which resulted in the expansion of a local civic park
- Thacher Proffitt & Wood LLP, Associate Attorney, 2007
- CBA Commercial, LLC, Associate General Counsel, 2005 – 2007
- Riefberg Smart Donohue & Nejame, Associate Attorney, 2003 – 2005
- The John M. Corcoran Company, 1999-2000
- Selected for inclusion as a Rising Star in Connecticut Super Lawyers® in the area of Real Estate, 2009-2016
- Fairfield County Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Real Estate Finance Association
- Stamford Chamber of Commerce
- Norwalk Chamber of Commerce
- Timothy Hanna Memorial Scholarship Fund, Inc., President
- Greenwich Rhinos Soccer Club
- Stamford Whale Bandits Hockey Club