- News & Media
Mike Reardon is a partner in the Individual Clients Group. He advises clients in all areas of estate planning, probate, trusts, and gift and estate taxes. He has substantial experience in planning for clients’ real estate, both commercial and personal, including second homes owned by multiple families, and tax effective ways to transfer such properties to successive generations. He provides the insight gained from many years of practice to help clients decide how to best leave a legacy to families, charities and their communities.
Mike has substantial experience handling succession planning for family businesses, structuring private business vehicles such as LLCs and family limited partnerships. He assists with the technical tax aspects of charitable planning, and planning for family members with special needs.
Mike advises family charitable trusts and private foundations, as well as public charities, and has set up and obtained tax exemption for numerous charitable organizations. Clients in this area range from community foundations, hospitals, private family foundations, foundations for animal research, sailing, soccer and rowing clubs, historical preservation, a living history farm, and others.
His practice also includes representing individual and professional fiduciaries and trustees in the probate and administration of estates and trusts.
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the area of Trusts and Estates, 2019-2022
- Connecticut Estate and Tax Planning Council, President 2011-2012
- Connecticut Bar Association, Executive Committee, Estates and Probate Section
- Law Clerk, Honorable Peter C. Dorsey, United States District Court, District of Connecticut 1984-1986
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, Law Review, 1982-1984
- Connecticut Bar Association, Elder Law and Estates and Probate Law Sections
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Sections
- Waterbury Bar Association
- The Waterbury Hospital Corporation, Executive Fund Development Board
- President, Seherr-Thoss Charitable Trust and Foundation, Litchfield
- President of Board of Directors, Litchfield Historical Society
- Development Committee, United Way of Greater Waterbury
- Professional Advisor, Connecticut Community Foundation