- News, Alerts & Publications
Fatima Lahnin is an intellectual property trial attorney with more than a decade of experience in patent infringement and other intellectual property and commercial disputes. Fatima has managed high-stakes IP litigation in federal courts around the country. Clients turn to Fatima for her proactive approach and efficient management of the most complex litigation matters. The technologies in her cases have been diverse and extend to a variety of technologies, including chemicals, consumer products, manufacturing and software.
Fatima also leads the firm’s eDiscovery practice, which is committed to providing clients with leading-edge solutions in the rapidly developing area of eDiscovery. Fatima provides focused guidance on electronic discovery matters, including:
- Case and client-specific advice about meeting preservation obligations
- Efficient and effective data collection strategies
- Review and production, and implementation of cost-shifting and cost reduction strategies
- Trial counsel in a federal jury trial involving antitrust violations, trade secret misappropriation and computer crimes. Client prevailed on all claims, resulting in a judgment of nearly $65 Million.
- Trial counsel in a patent dispute involving flexographic printing systems. Obtained summary judgment as to all patent infringement claims.
- Counsel in a patent infringement claim resolved by arbitration before the AAA, involving digitally imaged flexographic printing. Secured a finding of non-infringement as to all claims of patent infringement.
- Obtained significant arbitration award for franchisee against franchisor.
- Successfully defended a patent infringement action involving flexographic printing plates.
- Obtained summary judgment and dismissal of claims arising from allegedly defective product used to clean screens after printing.
- Successfully represented clients in acquiring domain names through proceedings under ICANN’s Uniform Domain-Name Dispute Resolution Policy.
- Part of a team that obtained a favorable settlement for trademark, trade dress and copyright claims involving the marketing and sale of herbal remedies.
- Part of a team that successfully tried three separate covenant not to compete cases in the United States District Court, District of Connecticut.
- Selected as Benchmark Litigation Future Star in BENCHMARK Litigation, GUIDE TO AMERICA’S LEADING BUSINESS LITIGATION FIRMS AND ATTORNEYS, 2013-2015,2019
- Named “New England Rising Star” in the area of Intellectual Property Litigation by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2011-2014
- Selected for inclusion in Connecticut Super Lawyers in the area of Intellectual Property Litigation, 2009-2014, 2018
- Named a Business New Haven Rising Star, 2010
- MacDermid’s $35M Jury Award in Antitrust Row Trimmed
- Waterbury Company Gets Nearly $28 Million in Punitives in IP Case
- With Interest, IP Verdict for Waterbury Company Approaches $65 Million
- Connecticut Chemical Company Collects $25 Million Settlement
- Congratulations to our IP Litigators – Fatima Lahnin, John Cordani, Jr. and Damian Gunningsmith
- Company Wins $35 Million Verdict in Trade Secrets Case
- 41 Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP Attorneys Selected to the 2018 Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars in Connecticut Lists
- 33 Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP Attorneys Selected to the 2018 New England Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Lists
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- New Haven Bar Association
You can expect nothing but sterling performance and a winning track record from her.General Counsel, Global Producer of Speciality Chemicals
A good strategic thinker, able to quickly grasp issues and give pragmatic advice.CEO of a flavor and fragrance ingredient company