- News & Media
Fatima Lahnin is an intellectual property trial attorney with almost two decades of experience in patent infringement and other intellectual property and commercial disputes. Fatima has managed high-stakes IP litigation in federal courts around the country. Clients turn to Fatima for her proactive approach and efficient management of the most complex litigation matters. The technologies in her cases have been diverse and extend to a variety of technologies, including chemicals, consumer products, manufacturing and software.
Fatima also leads the firm’s eDiscovery practice, which is committed to providing clients with leading-edge solutions in the rapidly developing area of eDiscovery. Fatima provides focused guidance on electronic discovery matters, including:
- Case and client-specific advice about meeting preservation obligations
- Efficient and effective data collection strategies
- Review and production, and implementation of cost-shifting and cost reduction strategies
- Trial counsel in a federal jury trial involving antitrust violations, trade secret misappropriation and computer crimes. Client prevailed on all claims, resulting in a judgment of nearly $65 Million.
- Trial counsel in a patent dispute involving flexographic printing systems. Obtained summary judgment as to all patent infringement claims.
- Counsel in a patent infringement claim resolved by arbitration before the AAA, involving digitally imaged flexographic printing. Secured a finding of non-infringement as to all claims of patent infringement.
- Obtained significant arbitration award for franchisee against franchisor.
- Successfully defended a patent infringement action involving flexographic printing plates.
- Obtained summary judgment and dismissal of claims arising from allegedly defective product used to clean screens after printing.
- Successfully represented clients in acquiring domain names through proceedings under ICANN’s Uniform Domain-Name Dispute Resolution Policy.
- Part of a team that obtained a favorable settlement for trademark, trade dress and copyright claims involving the marketing and sale of herbal remedies.
- Part of a team that successfully tried three separate covenant not to compete cases in the United States District Court, District of Connecticut.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, in the area of Litigation:Intellectual Property, 2023
- Selected as a Benchmark Litigation “Future Star”, 2013-2015, 2019-2022
- Selected for inclusion in Connecticut Super Lawyers® in the area of Intellectual Property Litigation, 2009-2014, 2018-2020
- Named “New England Rising Star” in the area of Intellectual Property Litigation by Super Lawyers® Magazine, 2011-2014
- Named a Business New Haven Rising Star, 2010
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- New Haven Bar Association
You can expect nothing but sterling performance and a winning track record from her.General Counsel, Global Producer of Speciality Chemicals
A good strategic thinker, able to quickly grasp issues and give pragmatic advice.CEO of a flavor and fragrance ingredient company