- This event has passed.
Top Corporate Governance Issues for Nonprofits
May 18 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Join a panel of Carmody attorneys, via WebEx, for a practical overview of the most significant corporate governance issues facing nonprofit organizations, how to navigate the challenges and successfully achieve your organization’s goals.
Avoid common governance pitfalls:
- Understand the annual filings a nonprofit must make to ensure compliance with federal and state law.
- Get updated on changes to the Connecticut Solicitation of Charitable Funds Act.
- Ensure the nonprofit’s bylaws are keeping up with the organization.
- Learn about conflicts of interest and steps the board should take to avoid them.
- Know when – and what – information must be disclosed for public inspection.
- Get helpful pointers for taking and maintaining minutes of board meetings.