Join our start@Carmody team for an interactive workshop on “Legal Protection for Coders & Programming Professionals.”
The focus of this workshop will be on the legal issues related to programming and app development work, and will focus on such topics as:
– Beware the fine print! Pitfalls related to contractual provisions.
– Freelancing versus work-made-for-hire. Who owns the code?
– Protecting your intellectual property and avoiding misuse of intellectual property.
– Is reverse engineering ever OK? If so, when?
– What is the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and why should you care?
– What about patent protection? What are the issues and pitfalls?
– Properly using open source licensing.
– What are your obligations for identifying, preventing, and reporting security vulnerabilities?
– What could go wrong if your code doesn’t perform as promised?