Interactive Workshop: Legal Protection for Coders & Programming Professionals
July 30 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Attorneys Jennifer Calcagni and Sherwin Yoder will hold a legal workshop for coders and programming professionals on Tuesday, July 30, 2019. The focus of this workshop will be on the legal issues related to programming and website/mobile app development work, and will focus on such topics as:
- Beware the fine print! Pitfalls related to service agreement and licensing provisions.
- Freelancing versus work-made-for-hire. Who owns the code?
- Protecting your intellectual property and avoiding misuse of intellectual property. What about algorithms?
- Is reverse engineering ever OK? If so, when?
- What is the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and why should you care?
- What about patent protection? What are the issues and pitfalls?
- Properly using open source licensing: what are your obligations for identifying, preventing, and reporting security vulnerabilities?
- What if your site or app is not accessible to disabled users?
- What could go wrong if your code doesn’t perform as promised?
For more information and to register for this event, click here.