Careful and personal attention
Carmody has provided estate planning services as well as trust and estate administration for over 100 years. While our extensive knowledge is in the highly technical fields of tax and probate law, we also serve as personal advisors to clients on a wide range of legal issues. We take the time to understand and plan toward your unique needs, goals and expectations. We work with our clients as they make decisions, implement plans and effect transactions to achieve their estate, tax and business planning goals. As a result, we form lasting relationships with clients that often span generations.
Smart planning, strong advocacy
We strive to provide excellent client service and developing individually tailored strategies that are creative and effective. Our attorneys, paralegals and assistants are accessible and responsive. We value our client relationships and strive to provide quality service at a reasonable cost. Although our role is most often to act as trusted family and business advisors, we serve as zealous advocates for our clients when the need arises.
Our estate planning attorneys:
- Analyze and explain estate planning options to ensure that our clients understand the alternatives before and after choosing a course of action.
- Prepare wills and trust agreements and other estate planning documents that fit the individual client’s facts and objectives.
- Advise clients on the tax implications of alternative courses of action, opening their eyes to opportunities to reduce taxes and preserve wealth and seeking to ensure that tax objectives do not conflict with more fundamental objectives.
- Help owners of family businesses with succession issues.
- Develop programs of giving to family and charities during life and at death.
- Fiduciary income taxation
Additionally, we stay abreast of federal and state laws and regulations that affect the rights and responsibilities of our clients and their families to ensure you receive timely advice.