At the forefront of complex issues impacting financial institutions
Banks and other financial institutions face an evolving regulatory landscape. Clients look to us for guidance on regulatory, legislative, litigation, enforcement, and general business matters.
Representing major national and regional banks with offices in Connecticut to smaller community banks, we provide counsel on all facets of bank operations, including:
- Acquisition and leasing of branch locations
- Employee embezzlement
- Employment issues (including executive employment and non-competition arrangements)
- Financing transactions and workouts
- Forged and altered checks
- Issues related to trust services
- Out-sourcing agreements
- Responses to check-kiting schemes
- The sale and acquisition of pools of performing and nonperforming loans
Additionally, we counsel sponsors in the formation of state-chartered community banks, initial and follow-on equity offerings and regulatory compliance.