Carmody represents owners, general contractors, and subcontractors in numerous construction projects involving energy, water and wastewater facilities. With an ability to manage infrastructure projects of all sizes, our experience includes all traditional forms of fulfillment arrangements (e.g., engineering, procurement, and/or construction), AIA, ConsensusDocs, and customized documentation, and transactions related to construction (e.g., project and program management, financing facilities, and ownership structures). We also have broad experience in operations and maintenance arrangements for infrastructure facilities.
representative projects include:
- Municipal Buildings. Prepared a fixed price turnkey construction agreement for the renovation of a town school, including the installation of energy savings measures (e.g., lighting retro-fit, micro-turbine) and related guarantees with monitoring and verification.
- Transit-Oriented Development. Structured the development and financing of a new housing development in conjunction with the expansion of rail service, including the use of an air rights easement to facilitate stacked private and public garage facilities and the granting of a concession to a third party to operate and maintain a geothermal system for the building.
- Microgrid. Participated in the structuring and implementation of a municipal microgrid including related construction, operation, electrical service, and lease agreements.
- Green Technologies. Represented the owners in the installation, including on an EPC basis, of clean and/or renewable energy technologies including solar, wind, fuel cells and energy recovery generators.
- Large Infrastructure. Represented utilities and developers in the structuring and negotiation of construction contracts for large infrastructure investments, including reliability and merchant electric transmission projects, as well as water and wastewater facilities.