Developing best practices for compliance
Effective corporate governance today requires a proactive, holistic approach from a legal team that has broad knowledge of the complex regulatory landscape. Carmody has the experience that matters, from Dodd-Frank to Sarbanes-Oxley to the full spectrum of federal and state legislation affecting corporate obligations.
We represent public and private companies and their directors and officers in connection with all aspects of corporate governance. Leveraging the firm’s full strength across all practice areas, we work with clients to develop responsible business practices that minimize risk, promote a culture of compliance, and meet client needs regarding audits, investigations and actual or threatened litigation.
Our corporate governance and compliance activities include:
- Compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and Other U.S. and Non-U.S. Governmental and Self-Regulator Organization Requirements
- Counseling Boards, Independent Directors and Standing and Special Board Committees
- Enterprise Risk Identification and Risk Management
- Best practices for corporate governance including review and updating charters, bylaws and policies
- Advice and support on conflict of interest and related party transactions
- Director elections and other proxy contests
- Disclosure Matters
- D&O Insurance and Indemnification
- Internal Investigations
- Government Investigations
- SEC and Other Regulatory Enforcement Proceedings