Anne advises businesses, municipalities, financial institutions and individuals in the environmental aspects of commercial, corporate and real estate transactions. Her clients include a wide range of entities, such as manufacturers, municipalities, petroleum marketers, non-profit social service organizations, schools, dry cleaners and a state bonding agency. She has worked with clients to remediate and redevelop contaminated properties. Anne helps her clients identify and understand the environmental laws that apply to their businesses and bring their operations into compliance with those environmental laws. Anne’s work includes helping her clients identify clean-up and compliance obligations, quantify the risk associated with those obligations and manage that risk. She works closely with her clients and their consultants to seek creative, cost-effective solutions to environmental problems.
Anne’s education in biology, geology and chemistry together with her work in the Geology Department at Brown University before law school have not only helped her understand and apply environmental laws and regulations but also help her speak the same language as consultants and engineers.
- Member, Subcommittee 2, “Reporting of Newly-Discovered Historical Releases”, established by the Connecticut Legislative Working Group on Creation of Release-Based Remedial System, created pursuant to PA 20-9
- Yale School of the Environment Alumni Association Board
- Yale Blue Green Inaugural Board of Directors
- Connecticut Business & Industry Association, Energy & Environmental Council, Steering Committee, 2009-2016
- Best Lawyers® - Tax Law, 2023
- Chambers USA Guide - Environmental Law, 2022
- Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers® in New Haven, Connecticut - Environmental Law, 2021
- Best Lawyers® - Environmental Law, 2018-2021
- Connecticut Super Lawyers® and New England Super Lawyers® - Environmental Law, 2017-2020
- AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings
- Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection Comprehensive Evaluation and Transformation of Connecticut’s Clean-up Laws, Workgroup Co-chair, Evaluation of Pollution Responsibility and Liability Relief Provisions
- The Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review
- Youth Continuum, Co-chair of the Governance Committee,2014-2018
- Newtown Inland Wetlands Commission, 2005-2015, Chair 2007-2014