The Women@Carmody Mission
To enhance the careers of women lawyers through professional development and work/life balance initiatives, as well as through training programs and networking opportunities both inside and outside the office.
Women In Front
Carmody recognizes that women are an important part of our communities, our client organizations, and the world in general. With this in mind, we strive to recruit, retain and advance women lawyers so we can bring that same diversity of perspective and background to solving problems and initiating change for our clients.
Leaders in gender diversity
The firm has an extraordinary track record of open-minded and progressive policies concerning the advancement of women.
- Carmody was the first major law firm in Connecticut to elect a woman, Ann Rubin, as its managing partner.
- Firm partner Trudie R. Hamilton is: 1) the first woman in Connecticut to be inducted as a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers; 2) the first woman elected to membership in the Connecticut Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (1990); and 3) the first woman in Connecticut listed in Woodward/White publication “Best Lawyers in America,” (1996).
- Firm partner Maureen D. Cox was a recipient of the 2013 Ladder Award, presented by the Connecticut Bar Associations Women in the Law Committee of the Young Lawyers Section to honor a female attorney who has demonstrated exceptional leadership affecting women.
- Firm partner Lisa Feinberg was named Stamford Chamber of Commerce’s Member of the Year (2016); and was a Fairfield County “40 Under Forty” award recipient (2018).
- Counsel Stephanie Cummings was named 2019 Legislator of the Year by the Waterbury Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- Partner Ann Rubin Co-Chairs the Connecticut Bar Foundation’s History of Women in the Legal Profession Project that captures milestone achievements of women as they become more visible and prominent in the field of law. Carmody’s leadership donation has enabled the project to significantly broaden its scope and plan for the future. Click here to watch the video.
- Today, one-third of the firm’s partners and associates are women.
Making it happen
We strive to be the very best place for women who want a career in law. Through our Women@Carmody program, women lawyers find a formal and informal network of mentors and role models within the firm. From monthly mentoring lunches to partner-led seminars to community service initiatives, Women@Carmody offers numerous opportunities to share information, acquire skills, and develop rewarding professional relationships.