Working for Carmody
Are you interested in working in a growing law firm where:
- Your personal development is as important as business development?
- Your individuality is applauded and encouraged?
- You have the opportunity to work with world-class clients and world-class lawyers?
- You will be expected to be your best every day and rewarded for those efforts?
- Your colleagues are committed to the highest standards of professional excellence?
Patent Prosecution Associate Attorney
Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey is seeking an associate attorney with at least 2 years’ experience to undertake patent prosecution responsibilities in our New Haven office. The ideal candidate will have a background in chemistry, chemical engineering or material science. Experience required in all stages of prosecution, including drafting original applications, responding to official actions, and appeals; experience in trademark prosecution a plus. Candidates should be admitted to the Connecticut Bar, and currently licensed to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Business Services Associate Attorney
Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP seeks an associate with at least one year of transactional experience to join its Business Services Team in the Stamford office. Qualified candidates will have experience in lending, corporate and real estate transactions. Experience with tax exempt organizations and tax exempt lending a plus. Must have strong communication, writing and research skills and be admitted to the Connecticut Bar.
Litigation Legal Assistant
Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP seeks a Litigation Legal Assistant for its Stamford office. Position requires prior experience with CT State and Federal court procedures and rules, preparing, formatting and E-filing court documents, requesting and reviewing medical records, document management and organization, scheduling conferences and depositions, inputting information into timekeeping and billing software and preparing correspondence.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsible for providing administrative support to several litigation attorneys.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– The ability to efficiently manage multiple assignments, calendars and scheduling
– Excellent organizational and follow up skills
– The ability to work independently
– Must possess strong attention to detail
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2016 applications
Qualifications and Skills
2 years’ legal administrative assistant experience; legal assistant certification or diploma required. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft 2016 Office Suite, LMS+ timekeeping software, and Worldox or other document management system preferred.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance and 401(k) profit sharing plan.
Please submit cover letter, resume, academic credentials and writing sample to:
Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP
50 Leavenworth Street
Waterbury, CT 06702