Working for Carmody
Are you interested in working in a growing law firm where:
- Your personal development is as important as business development?
- Your individuality is applauded and encouraged?
- You have the opportunity to work with world-class clients and world-class lawyers?
- You will be expected to be your best every day and rewarded for those efforts?
- Your colleagues are committed to the highest standards of professional excellence?
Hearst Connecticut Media Group named Carmody a 2021 Top Connecticut Workplace.
Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey seeks a Legal Assistant for its Stamford office. Position requires at least 2 years’ experience supporting real estate and/or corporate attorneys in a law firm or corporate legal department.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsible for providing administrative support to several attorneys in the land use and zoning group.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– The ability to efficiently manage multiple assignments, calendars and scheduling
– Excellent organizational and follow up skills
– The ability to work independently
– Must possess strong attention to detail
– Advanced word processing and document revision skills, including typing from dictated materials
– Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) applications
Qualifications and Skills
2 years’ legal administrative assistant experience; legal assistant certification or diploma required. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft 2016 Office Suite, LMS+ timekeeping software, and Worldox or other document management system preferred.
Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey is currently seeking a Litigation Associate with two to four years’ experience to join the business litigation practice in our New Haven office. Successful candidates will have law firm experience with emphasis on litigation procedure, the discovery process and e-discovery, and deposition skills. Excellent academic credentials, strong attention to detail, writing and analytical skills are required, as well as current admission to Connecticut Bar. Please submit cover letter, resume, academic credentials and writing sample to:
Director of Human Resources and Professional Development
Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP
50 Leavenworth Street
Waterbury, CT 06702