Marketing and Business Development Specialist (Non-Remote)
The Marketing and Business Development Specialist reports to the Business Development Director, and will work closely with the Director to provide support for the firm and for each of its practice groups. This is an integral role in the coordination and execution of the firm’s marketing and business development related initiatives including marketing materials, pitches and RFPs, directory and award submissions, client events, profile-raising, competitive and market intelligence research among others.
This role covers all aspects of marketing and business development for the Firm with an emphasis on planning and executing client events including seminars, webinars, sponsorships, networking events. The role requires the ability to operate well in a fast-moving environment, think creatively to solve problems, multitask, work to short deadlines and quickly pivot from one type of work to another.
The ideal candidate is a professional, self-starter with a high-level attention to detail, intellectually curious and eager to learn, forward-thinking, collaborative and energetic. The candidate will have at least five years’ professional services/legal marketing experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating the planning and implementation of BD and Marketing strategies. Working with partners to develop strategies to achieve their goals.
- Develop an understanding of the firm’s business across practice areas and industry groups.
- Developing compelling and dynamic marketing content including working with lawyers to develop key messages. Drafting and editing marketing collateral.
- Drafting RFP responses, presentations and proposals.
- Tracking market and industry research and data and disseminating to lawyers as appropriate; including developing strategies and ideas for practices to respond to research.
- Coordinating with lawyers, researching and tracking to identify new business opportunities.
- Identifying and executing profile raising opportunities.
- Coordinate responses to surveys, liaising with firm management to gather data, ensuring response is accurate and reflects firm’s key messages.
- Plan and implement client seminars, webinars and conferences. Includes developing presentation materials and other collateral.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in a marketing role at a professional services or financial services firm, or with a business/trade organization is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills are essential.
- This role demands a lot of multitasking, flexibility and sometimes short deadlines. Candidate should be able to demonstrate examples of being highly organized, detail-oriented, responsive and proactive.
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office products in particular Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and content management systems, social media applications and contact management databases (e.g. Constant Contact). Knowledge and experience of design software (e.g. Canva), WordPress is desirable.
- Good market awareness and knowledge of business in Connecticut is highly desirable.
- Some travel to firm’s office across Connecticut is required.
Applicants should submit a cover letter describing interest in this position and a resume via email to email@example.com or fax to (203) 575-2600.