The energy industry is in the midst of change as policy-makers, businesses, and technology companies tackle global energy demand, energy security and climate change issues. To thrive in this sector, you must successfully navigate myriad transactional, regulatory and legislative hurdles.
Carmody’s Energy & Infrastructure Group advises companies across the full spectrum of energy industry sectors from traditional power generation to green projects to climate change. We are recognized for our work in energy project development and finance, public private partnerships, divestitures and privatization, and energy regulation and litigation. Tapping a wealth of experience representing regulated entities, developers, owners and customers, we provide you with well-balanced commercial and legal advice.
With extensive experience in energy and utility transactions and in private power, we have been involved in sophisticated projects such as:
- The divestiture of The Connecticut Light and Power Company’s generating assets
- Great Britain’s first independent electric generation facility
- The first commercial-size wind power plant in Central America
- The financings for nearly all major cogeneration facilities in Connecticut
- The sale and/or restructuring of purchase contracts with private power producers
- The divestiture/acquisition of utility generation, transmission and distribution facilities.
We have also helped clients to develop the models for private power transactions. We have drafted legislation for security arrangements and negotiated some of the first inter-creditor structures for securing electricity purchase agreement obligations.