OUR CANNABIS PRACTICE GROUP REPRESENTS AND ADVISES CLIENTS ABOUT LAWS, ISSUES, AND REGULATIONS UNIQUE TO THE CANNABIS INDUSTRY
Carmody is one of the first law firms in Connecticut with a multi-disciplinary practice group focused on the needs of the cannabis industry. Our Cannabis Practice Group is a cohesive collection of attorneys with first-hand experience guiding clients through the rapidly evolving cannabis industry, including regulatory issues, licensing, financing, raising capital, corporate formation, real estate and business transactions, taxes, employment issues, land use and zoning, as well as employment and personnel matters, and intellectual property representation. Carmody represents cannabis clients from several states and we are part of an international network of law firms with cannabis experience to comprehensively service the needs of international clients.
Our firm has been representing and advising clients involved in the cannabis industry for nearly a decade. As a result, we have a deep understanding of the complex interplay of federal and state laws and regulations that affect medical cannabis, recreational cannabis, hemp cultivation and distribution, and CBD extraction and distribution as along with ancillary services and business considerations.
OUR CANNABIS PRACTICE GROUP’S BROAD MULTI-DISCIPLINARY APPROACH PROVIDES THE FULL SPECTRUM OF LEGAL SERVICES NEEDED IN THE CANNABIS, HEMP, AND CBD INDUSTRIES, TO ASSIST CLIENTS WITH:
Establishing or Investing in a Cannabis Business
- Regulatory and legislative concerns.
- Corporation formation, business transactions, and other business activities.
- Obtaining financing and investments for cannabis, hemp, and CBD businesses, and collaterally related investment opportunities.
- Commercial liability and business operations concerns.
- Tax reporting, tax benefits, and financial compliance.
- Business and investor disputes.
- Real estate transactions and land use representation; including drafting leases, tenant negotiations, zoning representation, and real estate litigation.
- State and local permitting.
- Intellectual property protection, brand and trademark advice, and patent representation.
Operating a Cannabis Business
- Advertising / marketing guidance and consumer protection compliance / representation.
- Data privacy and information security.
- Labor and employment matters, including, hiring, contracts, termination, benefits, and other employment policies.
- Product Testing / Product Liability/ Product Labeling
- Ongoing business compliance
Ancillary Cannabis Services
- Guidance to employers in general concerning employment, personnel, and union matters, including providing guidance to employers concerning changing cannabis law regulations.
- Government Investigations/ Regulatory Compliance/ White Collar Defense.
- Workers compensation and personal injury claims involving cannabis use.
- Data breaches and electronic security incidents.
Carmody is ready with assistance when needed and with guidance when requested for medical and recreational cannabis, industrial and boutique hemp, and CBD clients. Please contact us for consultation virtually or in-person at one of our many Connecticut offices to get started today!
Disclaimer: The Rules that govern attorney conduct require that we inform our prospective clients of the conflict between the state and federal statutes, and that the conflict exists regardless of whether federal authorities in Connecticut are, or are not, actively enforcing the federal statutes. Note that the law and policy applicable to this industry may change at any time.