Generations of Experience in banking and finance
We have extensive experience representing institutional lenders, investors, and borrowers in financial transactions of all different kinds and sizes. Whether your financing transaction is conventional or more sophisticated, we provide comprehensive legal services and strategic counsel to help clients navigate financing transactions and get them closed.
Our Banking and Finance attorneys routinely represent state and federally-chartered banks and other financial institutions across an evolving spectrum of financing and industry-specific matters, including:
- Governance: We provide counsel to bank Boards, Board committees, and senior executives concerning governance and state and federal regulatory issues.
- Operations and Human Resources: We handle a range of operational and employment matters for banks and financial institutions, including those relating to bank real estate, employment and separation agreements, training seminars, and general human resources advise and counseling.
- Wealth Management: We work with our clients to better understand fiduciary obligations and tax issues in administering trusts and estates, including charitable trusts, and regularly handle financing to high net worth individuals secured by fine art, collectibles and other non-typical collateral.
Commercial and Real Estate Lending: At the Forefront of Complex Matters and Issues
We have a long history of representing lenders and borrowers across all industries and across a broad spectrum of project, commercial, and real estate financing transactions, including:
- Construction and permanent mortgage loans
- Mortgage warehousing credit facilities
- Ship mortgages
- Affordable housing financing
- Brownfield financing
- Condominium and cooperative association financing
- Financing projects involving leasehold and air rights condominiums and conversions of multifamily and commercial properties to condominiums
- Secured and unsecured term loans and lines of credit
- Asset-based loans
- Loan participations
- Intercreditor agreements
- CHEFA, state, and municipal bond financings