A problem-solving mindset
Carmody’s Environmental Group focuses on transactions, regulatory compliance, litigation and alternative dispute resolution. We represent regional, national and international businesses, in addition to municipalities, state agencies, commercial lenders, nonprofit organizations, regulated utilities and private citizens in Connecticut environmental matters.
Drawing on the firm’s strong municipal, regulatory and business practices, we assist clients with:
- Defense of federal and State of Connecticut judicial and administrative enforcement actions, environmental cost recovery litigation and negotiation of settlements.
- The financing and redevelopment of contaminated properties, with associated permitting.
- Quantifying and managing environmental risks in connection with real estate, stock and asset transactions.
- Compliance advice to industrial, commercial, lending and municipal clients regarding hazardous waste, underground storage tanks, waste water, air emissions, asbestos, lead paint and toxic chemicals.
- Public/private partnerships to redevelop Brownfields and address regional environmental problems.
No matter what the environmental issues may be, we focus on your goals, and strive to manage matters efficiently and in a cost-effective manner.