- News & Media
Leah is an associate in Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP’s Healthcare and Litigation groups and practices primarily in the area of Medical Malpractice Defense. She represents individual and institutional healthcare providers in the defense of medical malpractice claims. Leah also lectures to health care providers on various medical-legal topics.
Prior to joining Carmody, Leah worked for a mid-size firm on a range of matters including the defense of physicians, hospitals, and long-term care facilities for allegations of medical malpractice; uninsured/underinsured motorist actions; actions stemming from premises liability and automobile accidents; and the defense of the State of Connecticut in statutory claims involving state highway defects and motor vehicle accidents. She was also part of a team performing independent investigations for public and private schools.
- Successfully argued in front of the Appellate Court to uphold the granting of summary judgment for the defendant, Marciano v. Olde Oak Village Condominium Association, Inc., 174 Conn. App. 851 (2017)
- Member of a trial team that successfully defended a national property maintenance vendor for claims following a property foreclosure in a 20-day trial
- Member of a trial team that successfully defended an orthopedic surgeon in a claim resulting from a total knee replacement revision
- Member of a trial team that successfully defended a gastroenterologist in a claim of delayed diagnosis of a bowel perforation
- Selected for inclusion in Connecticut Super Lawyers®– Rising Stars in the field of Personal Injury: Medical Malpractice Defense, 2016-2018
- Selected for inclusion in Connecticut Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars in the field of General Personal Injury Defense, 2015
- Recipient of the CALI Award for Excellence in Advanced Torts and Legal Drafting: Commercial Workout
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association, Board Member
- Waterbury Bar Association
- Oliver Ellsworth Inn of Court
- Connecticut Valley Symphony Orchestra, Secretary of the Board and member of the 1st violin section
- Past treasurer and member of the 1st violin section of the New London Community Orchestra