- News, Alerts & Publications
Kristin Connors has been in practice since 1992 and is the leader of Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey’s healthcare team. Kristin concentrates her practice in the defense of medical malpractice and product liability cases. She is lead and national counsel for several product lines for a large products manufacturer. Kristin has been approved to serve as trial monitoring counsel for a national insurance/reinsurance corporation for medical malpractice trials involving catastrophic injuries in the northeast and mid-Atlantic states.
In her health care practice, Kristin represents a variety of healthcare providers and facilities. She has successfully defended high exposure medical malpractice claims on behalf of physicians and other license holders, hospitals, long-term rehabilitation hospitals, skilled nursing facilities and home health agencies involving various specialties including:
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Emergency Medicine
- Interventional Cardiology
- Laboratory Services
- Nursing Services
- Pediatric Nursing
- Radiation Oncology
That trial experience benefits various health care clients in Kristin’s representation of them in state administrative and regulatory proceedings before the Department of Public Health, the Office of Health Care Access and the Office of Medicare Hearings and Appeals. She also serves as monitoring counsel for physicians.
Kristin counsels healthcare providers regarding issues related to risk management, credentialing, medical staff, peer review, EMTALA, physician recruitment, patient care issues, and medical staff bylaws among many other issues. Kristin lectures to state and national groups on various health care and medical malpractice litigation topics.
Kristin defends high exposure product liability cases for national clients in both state and federal courts throughout the United States.
- Represented and successfully defended to verdict healthcare facilities and individual practitioners in significant professional liability matters in Superior Court.
- Obtained dismissal of charges for multiple healthcare providers after full hearings before the Connecticut Department of Public Health Medical Examining Board and the Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Among many proceedings before the Office of Health Care Access, successfully represented a hospital pursuant to the Connecticut Certificate of Need Statute for a comprehensive cardiac program. This approval was the first time the Office of Health Care Access approved a comprehensive heart program for a private hospital since OHCA’s inception.
- National counsel regarding high exposure product liability matters.
- Recent lectures include “Professional Liability Issues for the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner” to a national association, “Social Media: Discovery, Evidentiary and Ethical Issues” to the Connecticut Hospital Association and a group of medical malpractice defense attorneys, “Communication and the Electronic Medical Record” to hospital leadership and employees.
- Appointed by the Judges of the Superior Court to review and investigate ethics complaints against attorneys.
- Selected for inclusion in Connecticut Super Lawyers, 2010-2017
- Selected for inclusion in New England Super Lawyers, 2010-2015
- Connecticut Bar Association Statewide Grievance Committee, 2005-2011
- Kristin Connors presented to the CHA Regulatory Compliance Conference
- 36 Attorneys Selected to the 2016 Connecticut Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
- Data Privacy and Security & Healthcare Law Alert: New Connecticut Cause of Action for Breach of Medical Privacy Based on HIPAA Violation
- Health Care Law Alert: Connecticut Reverses Course, Now Recognizes Claims for Loss of Parental Consortium
- Health Care Law Alert: Connecticut Supreme Court Recognizes Apparent Agency as a Viable Claim Against Hospitals
- Health Care Law Alert: Changes to Requirements for Tax-Exempt Hospitals
- Health Care Law Alert: High Bar for Bystander Emotional Distress Claims in Medical Negligence Cases
- Health Care Law Alert: Proposed Legislation Affecting Medical Malpractice Litigation
- Health Care Law Alert: Raised Bill No. 5257
- L&E and Healthcare Law Alert: Restrictions on Non-Compete Covenants for Physicians
- American Bar Association, Litigation and Health Law Sections
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Connecticut Bar Association – Litigation, Business and Health Law Sections
- Connecticut Health Lawyers Association
- Connecticut Society for Healthcare Risk Management
- Waterbury Bar Association
- Newtown Youth and Family Services, Board Member