Joe Kinsella, a partner in Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey’s Business Services Group and Real Estate Group, has extensive experience advising clients in all aspects of business transactions. In thirty-four years of practice, Joe has developed a keen business acumen, and has become a trusted advisor to institutional, governmental and private clients in the areas of commercial, real estate and equipment/lease financing, loan workout and creditors’ rights, asset and stock sales and acquisitions, tax exempt bond financing, and general corporate and commercial law. Joe understands the business aspects of a transaction and the client’s objectives, and works closely with the client to achieve those objectives in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Joe has extensive experience representing banks and other financial institutions and governmental authorities in all types of commercial and real estate financing transactions, as well as assisting clients in loan and debt collection matters, including bankruptcy proceedings. Joe also routinely represents business clients in acquisitions and sales of business assets, stock and real estate and in related financings.
Joe has represented financial institutions purchasing tax exempt bonds and private schools financing capital projects with the proceeds of tax exempt bonds in Connecticut
Over the last fourteen years, Joe has represented a regional utility company in the expansion of its electrical and gas transmission and distribution infrastructure. Through this representation, Joe has developed extensive experience in construction law, including preparing, negotiating and enforcing complex contracts for construction, construction management, equipment procurement and consulting services.
- Represented financial institutions and corporate borrowers in a variety of large and complex financing transactions, including acquisition financing for corporate acquisitions, asset-based lending, and real estate lending
- Represented regional utility company in contract negotiations for the construction of major overhead and underground electric transmission line projects in Connecticut, western Massachusetts and New Hampshire, and the expansion of its liquefied natural gas (LNG) facility
- Represented regional utility company in developing 60+ MW solar facilities in Massachusetts
- Represented a regional bank in negotiating and documenting a $25,000,000 mortgage warehousing line of credit facility for Connecticut-based home mortgage company
- Represented business clients in the purchase and sale of businesses (real and personal property), including compliance with the Connecticut Transfer Act
- Represented financial institutions purchasing tax exempt bonds and private schools financial capital projects with the proceeds of tax exempt bonds in Connecticut
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Connecticut Bar Association, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section, and Financial Institutions Section
- Waterbury Bar Association
- Board of Trustees, Watertown Foundation