Jennifer Yoxall, counsel in Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey’s Business and Real Estate Services Groups, focuses her practice on land use, general municipal and environmental law. Jennifer has extensive experience advising municipal land use agencies in applying state and local laws to their activities as well as interpreting, drafting and revising their regulations. She also represents applicants before land use agencies. Jennifer’s comprehensive understanding and appreciation of municipal and applicant perspectives enables her to anticipate and resolve issues arising in land use proceedings. When land use decisions are appealed, Jennifer argues on behalf of her clients before the Connecticut Superior and Appellate Courts.
In connection with her general municipal practice, Jennifer advises water pollution control authorities on various matters including enforcement of sewer use agreements, sewer use billing questions and sewer assessment collections. Additionally, she has provided advice to municipalities on water supply issues.
Jennifer’s environmental practice encompasses both environmental risk assessment and regulatory compliance. She has reviewed hundreds of environmental site assessments and provided advice regarding potential liabilities arising out of land acquisition, sales, leasing and lending transactions. Jennifer assists clients in complying with the Connecticut Transfer Act by determining whether it applies to their transactions, and if so, by working with environmental consultants to complete Transfer Act forms, including Environmental Land Use Restriction documents. She also advises clients in responding to Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection enforcement proceedings.
- Evaluated environmental liability for over 200 sites for a major telecommunications carrier
- Oversaw and evaluated borrowers’ compliance with environmental due diligence requirements for bond issuances on behalf of a large financial institution client.
- Successfully represented clients in numerous land use appeals, including most recently a municipality in Caporaso v. Prospect Zoning Board of Appeals and an applicant in Armetta v. Middletown Planning and Zoning Commission.
- Connecticut Bar Association, Planning and Zoning, Environmental and Real Estate Sections
- Member, Shoreline Group of the Connecticut Sierra Club, 1993–present
- Volunteer Pilot, Pilots ‘n’ Paws, 2012–present