Brian is an associate in Carmody’s Litigation practice group, which was named a “highly recommended” Connecticut litigation team in Benchmark Litigation’s Guide To Leading Business Litigation Firms and Attorneys. Brian focuses his practice on civil litigation matters in federal and state courts. He has assisted in diverse areas of litigation, including trademark and trade secret litigation, inter partes review before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), commercial litigation, breach of contract, property disputes, post-judgment collections, land use and zoning, and other administrative disputes. He also has experience with personal injury, energy and utilities, and vexatious litigation. His experience spans various stages of the litigation process, including legal research, pleadings, offensive and defensive discovery, motion practice, summary judgment, and small claims court.
Brian also has considerable environmental experience. During law school, he interned for the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, the Natural Resources Defense Council, and Connecticut Fund for the Environment/Save the Sound, where he focused on energy policy and state and federal environmental litigation and compliance, including water, oil, and natural resources issues. He also served as a land use and zoning research assistant to UConn Law professor Sara C. Bronin, Thomas F. Gallivan Chair in Real Property Law and the then-Chair of the Hartford Planning and Zoning Commission.
- Connecticut Bar Association Real Property Section Award, 2019
- Connecticut Law Review, Associate Editor
- Connecticut Moot Court Board, Member
- Jeffrey G. Miller National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Trial Advocacy
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Environmental Law Clinic
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Natural Resources Law
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Historic Preservation Law
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Copyright
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Litigation Section
- Intellectual Property Section
- New Haven County Bar Association